(This page may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases Read my full disclosure.)
If you are short on space or want to keep your baby close to hear them more easily at night, you may want to consider bed or room sharing, and in order to do this, you need the best bedside bassinet or baby co-sleeper bed.
1. BABYBJORN Cradle
BYBJORN is known for their popular baby carrier, but did you know they make other baby products as well, such as this bassinet/cradle.
Its sleek design features strong legs made with wood and steel to support your baby up to 17 pounds – or when they can start pulling themselves up around 6 months old.
There is no need to worry about your baby’s limbs getting caught between bars since the entire bassinet is surrounded with soft, breathable mesh.
It’s lightweight – only 13 pounds – makes it easy to move this bed around your home so you can always have your baby nearby. There is even a rocking feature that can help your baby sleep easier.
Included with this bassinet is a waterproof mattress cover, which is also machine washable along with the mesh fabric sides. Sold separately are a fitted sheet and canopy made by BABYBJORN.
- Sleek design
- Soft, breathable mesh sides
- Supports up to 17 pounds
- Lightweight and portable around the house
- Waterproof, machine washable mattress cover
- Height is not adjustable
- Has more of a spring-loaded action rather than actual rocking
- Expensive for short period of use
2. SNOO Smart Sleeper by Happiest Baby
At first glance, the price of this bassinet may put you into sticker shock, but after looking at everything it has to offer, you will see that the SNOO truly is a Smart Sleeper.
The makers of this bassinet claim that it boosts sleep up to an hour or two thanks to the white noise, rumbling, and rocking features included. This bed is so smart that it even responds to your baby’s cries, increasing the level of noise and motion to soothe their fussing.
This is also the only bassinet that connects to your smartphone for a personalized sleep experience. You can control the level of motion remotely as well as log your baby’s sleep.
SNOO has also created a special sleep sack (included) for this bassinet that helps your baby to sleep safer. Just clip it to the sides of the bed and the sack prevents your baby from rolling, keeping them safely on their back.
Best of all, there is a 100% satisfaction guarantee backed by SNOO. They promise that if you don’t love it within 30 days, you will get your money back and they will pay for return shipping.
- Includes fitted sheet and 3 sleep sack sizes
- Supports up to 25 pounds
- Responds to baby’s cries with noise and motion
- Connects to a smartphone app
- Heavy and sturdy
- Very expensive
- Not portable
- Can’t control volume or vibration speed
3. Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Bassinet
Just about every baby enjoys being rocked to sleep; it reminds them of their time in the womb. The Fisher-Price Soothing Motions bassinet keeps that in mind with its gentle rocking feature.
Along with the rocking motion, you can also soothe your baby to sleep with the attached electronic component. It includes 30 minutes of vibrations, music, and sounds as well as 2 lighting modes – soft projection and nightlight.
As your baby lies in their bed, they can also look up at the soft mobile hanging above.
- Supports up to 40 pounds
- Includes mobile, fitted sheet, sounds, music, and vibrations
- 2 lighting modes – soft projection and nightlight
- Lockouts to minimize rocking motion
- Vibrations turn off after 30 minutes
- Not ideal for moving around the house
- Can’t lock the rocking motion
4. Delta Children Sweet Beginnings Bassinet
Sometimes you just need something basic and traditional like the Delta Children Sweet Beginnings bassinet.
The neutral colors of this adorable old-fashioned bassinet make it suitable for either a boy or a girl, and the adjustable, removable canopy gives your baby some shade and privacy when they’re sleeping.
It may not rock, but there is a soft nightlight that also plays soothing music to help your baby sleep easier.
This bassinet is made to be transported around your home with its light frame – weighing only 10.5 pounds – and locking caster wheels.
There is even a large two-section storage basket underneath to store your baby’s blankets, diapers and wipes so you always have them nearby when you need them.
- Supports up to 15 pounds
- Calming night light and soothing music
- Lightweight with caster wheels to move around the house
- Large two-section storage basket
- The fabric is machine washable
- Very low weight limit
- Subpar quality
- Music options and sound quality are lacking
5. MiClassic 2-in-1 Rocking Bassinet
It’s hard to sleep in a bed that’s not your own, even for babies, so MiClassic created a portable bassinet that folds into a convenient carry bag for easy storage and transportation.
There aren’t many additional features with this bassinet since it’s meant to be portable. However, there is still a rocking feature that has a locking option to keep it stationary.
Fitted sheet is not included, but there is one available from the same manufacturer, eliminating the need to stress over finding the right fit.
This bassinet is also very large compared to others, which makes it easy for you to change your baby’s diaper and for them to stretch out.
- Supports up to 33 pounds
- Portable with one-hand fold and carry bag
- Rocking motion with optional locks for stationary mode
- Space for baby to stretch out
- Crease down the center of the mattress
- Odd size for fitted sheets
- Very big
6. SwaddleMe By Your Side Sleeper
Moving away from bassinets and on to co-sleepers, let’s look at the SwaddleMe By Your Side Sleeper. It’s basically a bed within a bed, giving your baby a completely safe place to sleep right next to you.
The frame is made from solid metal so there is no need to worry about rolling over on your baby during the night. In addition, the mesh sides are breathable, allowing air to circulate to keep your baby cool without overheating.
The frame also folds flat, making this bed ideal for traveling.
While there is no exact age range for this sleeper, you will want to discontinue use once your baby is able to push up or roll over.
- Folds flat for travel
- Sturdy metal frame
- Mesh walls for cool airflow and breathability
- No maximum weight limit
- Need king size bed for two people
- Pad is not waterproof
- Leans and sags with the bed
7. Snuggle Me Organic
One of the problems with co-sleeping is the risk of your baby rolling over into your soft mattress. Luckily, with the Snuggle Me Organic’s unique design, this problem is eliminated.
The center of this sleeper acts like a hammock, pulling in to hug your baby to keep them on their back while they sleep. Its tight fit helps wedge your baby into place whether they are sleeping or lounging.
The Snuggle Me is also made with the highest quality materials keeping your baby’s sensitivities in mind. The included cover is made with 100% organic cotton – which is machine washable, by the way – and the filling is made with virgin polyester fiberfill, reducing the chance of any allergic reactions.
This lounger/sleeper is made for travel. Weighing only 3 pounds, the Snuggle Me easily slips into the included canvas carry bag for use on the go.
- Made with organic cotton and virgin polyester fiberfill
- Designed to hug baby to keep them on their back
- Washable cover included
- Lightweight with travel bag included
- Works as a sleeper or a lounger
- No age/weight limit, but bigger babies may be uncomfortable
- Not for babies who don’t like swaddling
- Somewhat expensive
8. CubbyCove Infant Lounger
If you are looking for something more affordable and simpler than the other co-sleepers on our list, the CubbyCove infant lounger may be what you’re looking for.
The sides of this sleeper are soft and yet sturdy enough to keep your baby safe as they sleep. There is also plenty of cushion and space for your baby to stretch out and play or even get a diaper change.
With its lightweight and included a travel case, you can easily take this sleeper with you on your next vacation or even a trip to see the grandparents.
All of the materials used in the CubbyCove are safe for your baby, made without flame retardants or other harmful chemicals. It is also completely washable, both the removable cover and the bed itself.
- Free from flame retardants and harmful chemicals
- Machine washable bed and removable cover
- Lightweight with travel case
- Expandable canopy
- Roomy enough for play or diaper changes
- The fabric is a bit scratchy
- Takes up a lot of space in the bed
- The zipper on cover breaks easily
When choosing between a co-sleeper and bassinet, you will need to consider the space you have available and your lifestyle. Personally, I believe that bassinets are better for safety and for sleep quality.
Overall, I would have to say that the Fisher-Price Soothing Motions bassinet is my favorite. My son used this bassinet until he was 7 months old and absolutely loved it. You still get all of the important features such as soothing lights, sounds, vibrations, and music as well as a smooth rocking motion without paying the higher end prices.
Do you have a bassinet or co-sleeper you recommend? Let us know!